Department of Mental Health (DMH) Employee Loan Repayment Program
A student loan repayment program for Department of Mental Health (DMH) employees providing direct care or case management in DMH State-operated programs. DMH contracted comprehensive psychiatric employees who are employed by Tufts, UMass Chan, or Vinfen may also be eligible. Please see the common questions and fact sheet linked below for more information.
The deadline for this program was November 1, 2023 at 5:00pm EDT
Please review the Common Questions page for the full list of eligible roles and employment sites.
In exchange for four years of providing direct care or case management services in a designated site, you may be eligible for up to:
- $300,000 for each individual eligible psychiatrist
- $150,000 for each individual eligible psychologist and primary care physician
- $150,000 for each individual eligible psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner or physician assistant
- $50,000 for each individual master’s level mental health professional and case manager
- $30,000 for each individual bachelor’s degree direct care providers
- $25,000 for each individual eligible other direct care staff
Part-time awards are available and prorated to a maximum of up to 50% of the values above for a four-year, full-time service obligation.
Please see Common Questions and Fact Sheets for more details.
Please download the employment verification form here.